Welcome to both Queensland and Cairns Judo! We are independant minded at Cairns Southside Judo Club, focusing on what is best for our members and families. We are dedicated to introducing interested students to the principles of Kodokan Judo, fostering the development of character and promoting the positive social values of Politeness, Courage, Sincerity, Honour, Modesty, Respect, Self-Control, and Friendship. We do all this in a club climate that at all times aims for practice that is safe, supportive, inclusive and enjoyable. A little about us:
- we are located at Gordonvale on the South Cairns corridor. Find us here.
- we practice Judo which looks like wrestling in a white uniform with throws and hold-downs plus submissions for adults. Find more information about us here.
- we currently have about 70 active judo players, predominantly juniors aged 5-13 years, and with an even mix of boys and girls.
- we always welcome new members.
- we promote the development of children's physical literacy skills (and not just judo) which can be utilised in a wide range of other sports and life activities. What is physical literacy? To find out, click here .
- our club coaches and administrators include parents and professionals from across the Cairns community.
- with qualified psychologists included in our clubs adult membership, we are mindful of the value of building social & emotional skills (when Judo is taught correctly). This aids in enhancing confidence, perseverance, emotional resilience & respect for self and for others.
- and we offer no obligation introductory lessons.
If you have any questions, please contact our Sensei (Instructor) Luke Ronlund via phone (0405239655), email (email@example.com), message us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CairnsJudoSouthside) or just drop in during training to see and talk to us first hand!
Website last updated 12 October 2018